Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The first attempt

This is my first attempt at an official blog. I've decided that if I can get in the habit now, then when the baby comes, I may be able to keep it updated.

Kyle and I are excited to meet our baby in August. Kyle thinks she'll be early, but I'm going to try not to plan on that. In fact, just so that I have something slightly positive to look forward to, if she is late, I'll be better off at work since I'll be able to get all of my quarter end numbers in prior to going on maternity leave! That's what I keep telling myself, so that whether she's early, on-time, or late, I'll have reason to rejoice.

In non-baby news, Kyle is almost finished with his English class he is taking this summer. We will both be glad when it is over, though considering his other possibililties, taking it in condensed form (7 weeks) was definitely a great idea. He'll then take one more class this summer before beginning as a full time student at Utah Valley University in the fall. He has decided to study Construction Management, which I believe is a great fit for him.

I am approaching my one year mark at Novell in Provo Utah. I feel so blessed to have gotten this job. My co-workers and my manager are all very nice and we have a lot of fun as a team. Kyle is occasionally envious of my corporate job, especially on days similar to when the Finance Admin had 5 extra tickets to the new Indiana Jones movie, on day 1 of its release. That was a hard day, sitting through a two hour movie in the middle of work. (sense the sarcasm) I do actually put in real work days, though I love to be busy, so I don't mind the work. It is very fulfilling.

Our home and our animals are all doing well. Duke and Duchess are quite large, with Duke now standing an inch or two above duchess. They enjoy playing with one another, and they love it when Molly (Duke's sister) comes over to play. They're great dogs. Artica often acts like a typical cat . . . if she comes to see you, it has to be her idea; if she falls off a chair, she acts like she meant to do it. She's hilarious to watch as she steals my ponytail bands or any piece of paper that will slide across the floor. She's also recently discovered the joy of watching flies and birds. Kyle and I are very much amused by her antics, for the most part. We do still have my snake, Sphinx. He lies low after his confrontation with Kyle a few months ago, but he is still there, surprising all who think they have me figured out. For some reason, I don't come across as a person who would touch a snake, let alone own one. It's great fun.

And there it is . . . my first post. We shall see how I fare in the future . . .

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! It can become quite addicting. It's so much easier to keep in touch with people this way.

Anonymous said...

Hello, Miss Jill. I'm glad you've started a blog - I'm looking forward to reading your postings. Love you -- Mom.

Shannon said...

Yay! I'm so excited about your blog. I find myself more into it than ever these days. I'm looking forward to being able to keep up with you and your family this way. It was great seeing you at your shower today and I hope we can make it to the blessing! Keep the posts coming! :)

Becca

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Paul

Lilypie First Birthday tickers