With six weeks to go until Baby Becca is due, I had a baby shower to help prepare for her arrival. The shower was thrown by my friend, Annelise Briggs. It consisted of a very tasty spread of sandwiches, veggies, fruit , and delicious desserts. While everyone ate, they guessed answers to a survey Annelise had created about me and the baby. She also created a game where one word was listed and I had finished the statement. Everyone was supposed to guess how I had finished the phrase. The shower was wonderful. I received great gifts and great advice. It was nice to chat about the various aspects of labor and having a newborn. I was so grateful to everyone who was able to come. Annelise is amazing for wanting to put it all together for me.
After the shower, Kyle and I spent the afternoon shopping for more baby supplies with Lauralee (Kyle's mom). We purchased most of the necessary items we need to welcome baby home. I enjoyed having Lauralee's experience and advice for the purchases. We now have quite a bit to do to finish the nursery and put everything in its place. Kyle got a miter saw as an early birthday present so he can put the moulding up in the room. Once that is finished, I will decorate the walls and finish the room. It's all so exciting with six or so weeks to go. Hurray!


5 comments:
Your shower was so fun! Becca will be here in no time at all and we are so excited for you.
The shower was fun. I'm glad I could make it. I can't wait for your sweet baby to arrive. Having kids really does change your life (in a mostly good way). :) You will be an amazing mommy too. Don't forget to let us all know when you have baby news! Love you!
im so glad you liked the shower. i had a blast putting it together.
also glad you are BLOGGING!! yay for blogging, it is so fun. you will love sharing every little thing about sweet baby becca.
looking forward to sushi next weekend, im glad we squeezed in a time to do it. take care. oh, and add me to your blogroll, annelise.briggsfam.com!!
Hey!! It's me Melanie!! So I just found your blog! And I'm so excited about the baby! I want more pictures!!! You look beautiful! Love you!
oh ya and our blog is www.melandbradc.blogspot.com
Post a Comment