As most people know, Kyle quit his job at Sportsman's Warehouse at the end of April. He felt he needed a change of scenery. What we didn't count on was that the economy seemed to affect the number of available jobs! After applying for several, Kyle was recently hired by Cosmo, a vendor for Home Depot. He started this last Monday, June 30. His responsibilities include stocking Cosmo's product and maintaining the overall image of the company. He works on-site at Home Depot in several cities in Utah County, including Provo! This is such a blessing because his job is practically spitting distance from my office. Of course, you'd have to be a world-class spitter and maybe have the wind going in the right direction to actually be able to spit across the distance, but it's the thought that counts. :) I love being able to carpool to and from work. Not only will it save us money on gas, but it is very fun to spend more time with Kyle. He's my favorite! I love that we get to spend this time together before the baby arrives.
We've also hopefully made progress on Kyle's allergies! I had never had an allergy test, and I'm so glad I don't have to. Kyle had an allergy test yesterday. They started with small doses of 32 possible allergens. They punched them into Kyle's arms in groups. It was interesting to watch, and Kyle said it even felt interesting, but I'm still glad it wasn't me. Since he only reacted to a few of the small doses, they they gave him a more concentrated dose in the form of a shot. These they did individually, so Kyle got his upper arm stabbed by a needle at least 20 more times. This time, he had a reaction to most of the shots. Since he has so many allergies (most trees and grasses) they said the best option for him would be allergy shots where they will eventually change his immune system so that he is no longer allergic to these things! I thought that was amazing. Who thought you could rearrange your immunities? Isn't science and technology great?! We plan to do the shots and hopefully it will work.
As for me, I'm still loving life and having fun. The pregnancy is still going very well (in my expert opinion . . . hee hee). I've heard the last month is the hardest, but I'm trying hard not to focus on the time left, but rather get caught up in what is happening right now. We'll see how I do. The weather is getting significantly warmer, but thank goodness I work in an air conditioned office building. I only have to deal with the heat when I get home, but our house in wonderful and the main floor is generally pretty cool. Hurray for great houses! I'm so excited that I get to live today. There are so many modern conveniences that are amazing. Technology is incredible. I'm so glad Heavenly Father provides the knowledge for these advances. Hurray for living today!


1 comment:
Woohoo for your optimism! I am pretty sure I was significantly less peppy with a month left of pregnancy with Davin. Oh well. I'm glad you're happy. I hope things work out with Kyle's allergies. That is no fun. Also, yay that your boat works! Sounds like quite the adventure. :)
Post a Comment