Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Kyle's Birthday

Kyle is 29!!!



So I missed a key even on our blog. Kyle turned 29! Since his birthday was on a Thursday, we just did birthday breakfast and then had cake and ice cream when Kyle got home from class. In an effort to show him how special he is, I had his parents and brothers send me memories of Kyle. I arranged them on our kitchen wall. They included facts about his birth, his major accomplishments, memories, and quotes. He seemed to enjoy it. He even said that I could scrapbook everything (I recently started attempting to scrapbook with my friend, Annette).








We bought Kyle a bevelled miter saw (I have no idea if I spelled that correctly). He used it to put up moulding in the baby room. Since we bought the saw a week or two early, I framed pictures that he took in a photography class so he would have something to open on his birthday. With the help of Annette Russon, I bought picture frames from Deseret Industries (seriously the best place to find good inexpensive picture frames) and spray painted them black. We used black construction paper as a mat for each picture. I really couldn't have done it without Annette. She had all the great ideas, tools, and skills.



We celebrated more on the following Saturday, with Kyle going to the driving range with his friend, Wyatt, then golfing 18 holes with Erik Briggs. We finished the night eating sushi with Erik and Annelise Briggs. It was fabulous! I'm still counting down to when I can eat the salmon ngiri again (I only eat the cooked sushi, so I'm excited for when I can eat anything)!


This birthday marked the fourth that Kyle has had since we began dating. I'm so glad that I'm married to such an amazing man. From his good looks and fun personality to his responsibilities as the priesthood holder in our family and handyman of our home, he is an incredible individual. Go me for marrying him!



1 comment:

Greg and Annette said...

That was so much fun putting it all together and trying not to let Kyle find out. There were a couple times where I thought we were caught for sure. Suprises are so much fun!

Becca

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Paul

Lilypie First Birthday tickers