We have a lawn at last! After what seems like quite a long time, we have a beautiful lawn thanks to the miracle of sod. Kyle has been planning on redoing our backyard for months, especially once the snow melted and we realized how little grass we actually had. Our sprinkler system was inefficient, so kyle replanned that as well. In an effort to get the yard finished before the baby comes, we had a work-a-thon on Saturday. Friday night, Kyle and I started preparing the soil and getting ready to modify the sprinklers.


I got this picture of the yard Saturday morning. These are the trenches that Kyle had to dig in order to get the old pipes out. As you can see, the yard was less than gorgeous.
The morning started out with Kyle and Erik Briggs. They worked on getting the new sprinkler system together. We naively believed the sprinklers would not take very long . . . oh how wrong we were. Kyle was outside by 7:00am.

We began placing the sod around 5:00pm.
The picture below was taken when we finished laying sod at 10:18pm. It was a long, grueling day.
Kyle's legs are not really that tan. The brown is dirt, the white is his bare foot. We were both very tired and dirty by the end of the day.

We began placing the sod around 5:00pm.
This is my 38 week pregnancy picture. I tried to help throughout the day, but I wasn't much good at the manual labor part. I did provide the support, ideas, and the food. I have to wear Kyle's shirts now, since mine do not cover my stomach.
I'm so glad to be finished with the bulk of the work. Of course, we'll be making minor improvements and adjustments as the days go by, but hopefully our grass will continue to be beautiful. Next project: screens for the windows (hopefully this will not be a day long project!)


6 comments:
Yay you are almost done being preggo...you may have already had the baby by the time you even read this comment. Good luck! Soon you will get to sleep on your back and stomach again! And your yard looks great!
The yard looks AMAZING! I'm impressed that you even did it in a day. I swear big yard projects inevitable take longer than you plan. You look so great and pregnant! I love it. I can't wait to meet baby Becca!
Hey there! It has been so long! I am so glad to have found your blog from Shannon's. I am soooo excited for you. Being a mom is the BEST! It was really good to see pictures of you guys again. We miss the good old days of Provo and living in that crazy apartment complex. Good luck and I can't wait to check back and see your baby!
Underestimating time is one of my greatest talents! Looks like it runs in the family =) The grass looks wonderful in the pictures -- I can't wait to see it in person. Many thanks from me to all your friends for their help when we can't be there. See you soon. Mom
Yay on getting your yard done. I always knew Kyle was good for something....just kidding. I am always so happy to see how you two are doing! Doesn't seem that long ago that we were trying to figure out where Kyle would sleep on the weekends when he came to Provo. I'm so excited to see you add little Becca to your family. I look forward to updates...
(p.s. i gotta admit jill, it's nice to see you bigger at the waist than me :D)
Jillian, you look so cute pregnant. I just got the news of Becca's arrival. CONGRATS!! Can't wait to see pictures. Sure wished you'd come early and I got to hold her. Oh well. I bet you wished you'd come early too. Enjoy these early days with you newborn. They are my favorite time with my babies and grandbabies.
Post a Comment