
We blessed Rebecca on September 28. Kyle gave the blessing, surrounded by Rebecca's 2 grandfathers, 2 great-grandfathers, 1 great-uncle, uncles, and a few of Kyle's friends. It was very special. I was not expecting to be emotional, but my eyes did water (I was determined not to cry for some reason). My mom and I made the blessing dress. My mother did the skirt, and I did the bodice, the bottom edging, ribbons and roses. My mom made the booties and the headband. Rebecca looked adorable. She's gotten quite a bit bigger. She is now pushing up to a standing position while we hold her arms. Kyle and I are very impressed, of course. She is such a wonderful addition to our lives. We love to laugh at the different funny faces she makes, and Kyle is thrilled everytime she coos. The picture below was actually taken a few days after the baby blessing when we had time to take more pictures.
On October 2, the Thursday following the blessing, I returned to work. I had a great maternity leave and I felt very rested and ready to go back. Of course I missed staying with Becca all day, but Kyle and I have been able to trade off watching her, so I haven't had to leave her with a sitter yet. I go in to work at 6:00 am and I work until noon or so, then I go home and Kyle goes to work and class. I put in a few more hours in the afternoon from home. We're very blessed to be able to do this schedule. My schedule is still on a trial basis to make sure it works for everyone. 
I got a "back-to-work" haircut the day before returning. I had been planning on growing it out, but since I have to be to work so early, I decided a fast "do" would be the best idea. Kyle even took me to get it cut (for those of you who don't know, Kyle almost passed out when I chopped my hair off after graduation . . . he wasn't happy that it was short). Life has gotten a bit busier, obviously. We're still working on trying to get everything to run smoothly. I'm sure it will take a little while to get used to, but it will work out eventually.


5 comments:
She's so gorgeous! I can't believe you made that dress. You did a great job, it looks SO good! That's great you guys are working out a schedule. Let me know if you need someone to watch her.
She's so cute! We're are so happy for you guys. I hope you'll be in CA for Christmas so I can see this cute baby.
YEA for more pictures!!!! I had been checking obsessively. Now we need some more....closer. That is really fun that you and your mom made the blessing dress. My sewing talent is seriously lacking. It's definitely an adjustment, but I'm glad it's working out for you guys. :)
oh, yay!!! i can't really see this pictures though...very small.
are you guys coming down for christmas? thanksgiving?
She looks beautiful. I'm so sorry we missed the blessing. Ian and I both had to teach in our ward that day. I'm glad that so much of your family could be there.
Glad to hear that you are able to do a schedule where Kyle can be with Becca when you work. Hopefully it will work for everyone. Good luck keeping things balanced and getting enough sleep! If I plan a dinner at Natalie's house would you guys come? I really want to get together again. I'll keep you posted.
Post a Comment