Tuesday, April 21, 2009
8 months and crawling
Rebecca is 8 months old today! It's kinda crazy to think we've already had her for 8 months, and that we've only had her for 8 months. She is so much fun. I'm pretty sure Kyle and I remark daily about how cute she is. She's been rocking on all fours for about a month, so I was thinking she was close to crawling. Yesterday, I decided to just accept that crawling may still be months away. Of course, since I decided that, she crawled last night. I was on the floor playing with her and I turned away to look at something. I saw her moving out of the corner of my eye, so I turned back around and saw her starting to crawl. I got Kyle's attention and we both watched intently to see that she did really crawl. She didn't go far, but it didn't matter. Kyle and I were ecstatic. We started clapping and cheering and laughing. Essentially we made a lot of happy noise. Becca looked up with the "I have no idea why Mom and Dad are so happy, but it's fun" look. We then spent the next 10 minutes or so trying to get her to continue. We got a little excerpt on video, but that's it. I was very impressed she crawled because she was pretty tired, having skipped her naps. Hopefully this will help her to not be so frustrated when I leave the room, because she'll be able to move in my direction, or go wherever she wants to go. We'll have to really babyproof now. Still, it's so fun to hit this milestone.
I've played the piano with Becca on my lap a few times since she was born. Lately, she loves to sit and put her hands on the keys too. I thought she looked so cute.
Kyle has recently started manipulating Becca's face. This is his latest favorite thing to do. Despite the apparent frown, she really doesn't seem to mind it. She often smiles, and it looks so funny! Unfortunately I didn't get one of the smiles on camera.
This picture is to show that Daddy really does love Becca, despite what he does to her face. She loves to play with him, too.
I finally decided to start doing Becca's hair, since she's got a bit. My first real attempt was on Easter. The Young Women's president in our ward gave us this dress when Becca was born, and even though it's for 12 months, it worked for Easter. I used the butterfly clips years ago for my 8th grade graduation dance. My mom sent them up a few months ago. I thought the effect was nice, and Kyle loved it. Becca/we got so many compliments at church. People continually told us how pretty/cute she is. I must admit that I agree, but I know I am biased. That style of dress is one of the reasons I wanted to have a girl. I love frilly dresses on little girls. Since Easter, I have tried to do something with her hair at least several times a week, even if it is just a headband. I finally found soft cloth headbands, at Macey's (Grocery) of all places. I also bought some mini hair rubber bands. They work much better than I thought they would. I absolutely love being a mother!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
What a cute Easter baby! I love her frilly yellow dress too. Very adorable. Dressing up boys for Easter is much less exciting. I can't believe how big Becca is getting. Yahoo for crawling. Even though it brings a new set of challenges I still think it's fun because then they really start learning to play with toys since they can get to them. Have so much fun with her!
Love, love, love the Easter dress. She looks so much bigger these days. Keep on keeping on with the hair. It really makes a difference on a girl. And Becca has all those sweet little curls to play with too!!!
Post a Comment