Sunday, February 28, 2010

18 Months (and a few days)

Becca is officially 18 months old. She has been walking for 8 months, has had a full set of teeth for at least four months and has had enough ear infections to warrant tubes (she got them about a month ago). She hates to get dressed, but loves to go outside to play. Though she'll sometimes fuss a bit, she appears to enjoy naps and going to bed. She loves anything soft and snuggly. She loves to dance and twirl. She does not appear to love getting her picture taken. She loves to do things herself, but will occasionally accept help from Mom or Dad if the task appears too difficult. She loves flipping through books and eating cereal (dry). She loves to wear Mom's jewelry and play in Mom's makeup and nail polish. She loves to wrestle with Dad and follow him whenever he goes outside or in the basement. She loves pens and cups. She insists on chocolate milk when Dad has it in the mornings. She loves vegetables, raw and cooked. She loves rice, but tends to get more on the floor than in her mouth. She's enjoyed sushi for dinner and pizza for breakfast. She'll eat almost anything she is served. Her hair reaches her shoulders when pulled straight, but tends to curl up in small ringlets when left alone. Her eyes are deep blue and her hair is light brown. She seems to be right-handed. She gets a mischievous look in her eye when told, "No." So far, her list of words includes, but is not limited to: mom, dad, doggy, kitty, eyes, hi, bye-bye, ow, off, up, grandpa (bampa), cracker, bath, night-night, thank you, ball . . . that's all I can think of right now. She can point to her eyes, hair, mouth, nose and toes. She is very good at putting her clothes in her clothes hamper and throwing things away. She knows what to do with keys and has broken Mom's glasses once, almost managing twice. She loves to climb on furniture and play the piano. She enjoys playing in nursery as long as Mom and Dad are nowhere to be seen. She loves listening to Mom's MP3 player and playing with purses and dolls. Though she hates to have her diaper changed, she tries to put them on her dolls and stuffed animals. She loves to laugh and cry and play. She is 18 months.



Her official 18 month birthday picture. I only snapped a few, as we had to go to church. I didn't get a chance to get a smile.

Okay, I thought she looked cute. She didn't want her picture taken.

Kyle and I get a kick out of this face. She does it for two seconds before busting up laughing. Kyle's the only one who can get her to make the face.


Yes, we drink the milk from our cereal bowls


Cute pajamas sent by my mom.

6 comments:

joyous said...

Hello?!?!!? When did you trade in your baby for a big girl?!?!?! There definitely needs to be some pictures on here more often. She is so big! And, of course, still super cute. What fun toddlers are. They go from one extreme to the other in no time flat. So cute!

Shannon said...

She is so cute! 18 months marks a whole new era. She is going to just become more and more independent and less baby like. I'm jealous that she's such a good eater for you, but bummer about ear infections and tubes. We almost did tubes with Weston and I know that ear infections every 4-6 weeks are no fun. Becca is a cutie. Looks like you're doing a fabulous job Mommy!

The Terry's said...

Jillian she is SO stinkin cute. Oh my goodness. She looks so much like someone and I can't put my finger on it. But what a doll! Hope we get to see you sometime soon!

Olson Family said...

I can't believe how big becca is!! I can't wait to see her in May! I love that middle picture, with the funny face. Weston use to do a face just like it! What a bunch of goofs! Sounds like everything is going well, cant wait to catch up later!

The Blair Family said...

You're little girl is getting so big. She is so cute. I miss not seeing you and your growing family.

Brooke Monk said...

What a doll!! Can't wait to see you guys at the reunion! Hope all is well with you!

Becca

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Paul

Lilypie First Birthday tickers