Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Things I Love About My Life
I've thought a lot lately about how blessed I am in pretty much every aspect of my life. This includes my job. I work at Novell, Inc. It is a Linux software company. I am a Senior (just recently promoted) Commission Analyst. I get to calculate the big bucks Novell Sales Reps make. While this occasionally skews my perception of their payouts ("I guess he's only getting $7,000 in commission this month in addition to his base pay . . . that's not too significant), I like my job because it changes ever so slightly while still being relatively predictable. My job is cyclical. I do the same payout process every month. I do get to play detective a little bit though. It's rewarding when I can figure out what happened to make someone's payout change, or to help come up with a solution to solve a system issue. I love that my co-workers come to me for advice/help on various topics. It makes me feel grown up. While I would trade to become a stay-at-home mom in a heartbeat if the opportunity presented itself, in the meantime, I enjoy what I do. I feel that it helps me appreciate Becca in the evenings and on weekends because that is our time to be together and play. It is also nice because I get to be Jillian at work. My job also has cool perks like the fitness center, occasional company-paid lunches, and free air conditioning in the summer. I am also able to work from home if the need arises. In short, in a world where so many who have to work hate their jobs, I am blessed with a job that is satisfying and even fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment