Monday, September 20, 2010

Becca's B-day

I've been really bad at blogging lately . . . obviously. I'll try to catch things up. The big news lately is that Becca is 2!


I tend to forget what order I have to load the pictures, so we have the dessert picture first. She enjoyed blowing out her candle, but it took several attempts. She loved the ice cream and was content with the cupcake. I actually made the cupcakes a few weeks before and then froze half of them just to see if they would be good by her birthday. They tasted great. They were very moist and I couldn't tell they'd been frozen. It was a nice discovery.


I wanted to do things I knew she'd like for her birthday, so after eating breakfast and letting her choose what shirts we were all going to wear (I'm pretty sure yellow is a favorite color of hers), we headed to the park. We were the only ones there for a while, which was nice. Becca got to swing, climb, and slide to her heart's content (almost).

We had the traditional Green birthday breakfast of waffles with strawberries and whipped cream. Becca even helped me make the waffle batter. Her favorite part of the breakfast seemed to be drinking milk out of the funky red goblet. We had to hide it from her later because she wanted to drink from it if she saw it.


I stayed up late the night before her birthday making gifts for her. I made a t-shirt skirt (pictured above), a placemat purse for Sunday toys to take to church, and a crayon roll. The t-shirt skirt and crayon roll were tutorials I found on sewmuchado. At some point I'll learn how to create a hyperlink. It's one of my new favorite blogs because it has so many tutorials for cute crafts and such.

I'm pretty sure Becca had fun. After her nap, we swam in her little kiddy pool and had a relaxing afternoon. She's such a big girl. She is still on the tall side for her age (89th percentile), and her actions are that of a little kid, not a baby. She illustrates her independence more and more. If we do something for her that she wants to do by herself, she'll undo it, and then redo it by herself. It can be frustrating, but it is so fun to see her grow. She is fully potty trained now, though she still occasionally has accidents at night and at daycare. She hasn't worn a diaper in over a month. She loves to help me and be my "baby" (in which she cuddles up on my shoulder, I cover her with her blanket and pat her back). She loves our puppies and kitty. She loves to swing and can go for hours. She enjoys going to the library, though we're still working on library etiquette. She enjoys playing in nursery and loves to sing "Popcorn Popping" and "Book of Mormon Stories." She loves to carry her Sunday purse into church and has learned that it typically holds a snack; she's learning to wait to eat it until after Sacrament. I love her so much. I love watching her learn new things and new phrases. I'm astounded to see how much she can now get into and what she can see over. She's beautiful, funny, and loving. She is two.

3 comments:

The Blair Family said...

Happy Birthday Becca! Jill, she's adorable. I can't believe she's potty trained. We just got Ryan a potty and Billy wants to start potty training her. I have no idea how to even start that process....we'll see how it goes.

elizabeth said...

Wow, you have a two year old on your hands now. Happy Birthday to Becca!! Congrats to you both! Looks like a successful day! She certainly is growing up to be an adorable little girl!

joyous said...

Hey Jillian- I saw your comment on my blog and wanted to reply, but don't have your email! Anyway, I was going to say that when my big girls were in nursery, I used the nursery manual for FHE ideas. You can access it online and it's a great place to start!

Becca

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Paul

Lilypie First Birthday tickers