Thursday, January 6, 2011

November, Part 2

For the second part of November, we had the opportunity to travel down to California for a quick trip. I was so glad I had saved Kyle's ticket to Disneyland that we got for doing the "Give a Day, Get a Disney Day" last year. I used mine in May when I went home for Quinn's homecoming from his mission to Mexico. I almost donated Kyle's ticket, thinking we wouldn't be going to California again before they expired, but held onto it just in case. My oldest brother, Jordan, later announced that he would be getting married in November. It was perfect. Becca still gets in for free, Kyle had a free ticket, and my mom had a ticket left over from when she could get them from work. We drove down to California on a Thursday, and then headed to Disneyland the next day. My very talented sister-in-law, Paige, volunteered to go to Disneyland with us and snap a few family pictures. I think she was originally only going to stay for a few hours, but she graciously modified her plans and spent the whole day with us. Thanks, Paige! She snapped pictures throughout the day. These are a few of my favorites:
Playing on the chains outside one of the rides


This blue wall was just outside of the rocket pizza place where we ate lunch. While Kyle and I finished eating, Paige took pictures of Becca. I love them!

Such a fun face

Becca wasn't as cooperative as we could have hoped for the official family picture attempts. It was late in the day and she hadn't taken a nap. She became very clingy to her blanket, but I still like the pictures.

I mentioned she hadn't had a nap, right?

Becca seemed to like Disneyland more this time around, though it was way more crowded. Apparently, it was a school district holiday or something, so there were tons of people. Still, we got to go on the rides we thought she would most enjoy: Dumbo, the Carousel (we did this a few times), and the Teacups were again her favorites. The Carousel and the Teacups had short lines, so we were able to repeat. I really wanted to stay long enough for the fireworks show. Paige stayed at Disneyland with me while Kyle went with my brothers for a clean version of a bachelor party for my brother. Shortly before the fireworks, we put Becca in her stroller to head down to Main Street. She was out within 30 seconds. We found a spot to watch the fireworks and I tried to rouse Becca. Easier said than done. However, once the fireworks actually started, I was able to get her to open her eyes long enough to become engaged with the pretty colors. We got a few "wows" and "ohs" out of her, so I think it was worth it. After fireworks, we went on one more ride, then headed home.

Saturday was the big day for my brother, Jordan.

Aren't they such a good looking couple? Paige and my brother, Blake, from Paige + Blake Green Photography took most of the pictures of the wedding and reception. I stole this one from their blog. I got teary eyed during the ceremony as my dad performed the marriage. Freesia looked gorgeous and Jordan looked quite dashing. The reception had delicious food and it was fun to spend time with friends and family.

We headed home the next day, Sunday. It was fun to have a quick trip down, but I do wish we could have stayed longer. My two younger brothers carpooled with us, so Becca still had two fun uncles to enjoy for a little while longer. Quinn and Vance went back to Idaho early Monday morning. The hardest part about a quick trip weekend is the getting back to work the next week without having a weekend to prep. It was so worth it though.

No comments:

Becca

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Paul

Lilypie First Birthday tickers