Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Friday

I thought I'd do at least one more pre-baby post. I am currently two days past due, but I'm still feeling really good. Most people who find out I'm past express sympathy, which I appreciate, but in all honesty, I have mild pregnancies, and working full-time helps me keep my mind occupied with other things, so I'm not miserable at all. Between work and Becca, I'm very occupied. The good news is that I will be induced on Friday if the little babe doesn't decide to come before then. It's nice to have a set date for delivery. I'm still hoping to go into labor on my own, partly because I was mostly induced with Becca and I'd like to experience going into labor without medical aid. But, if that doesn't work, I'll meet him sometime Friday or early Saturday (as of Monday, there were six women scheduled in front of me, so it might be late Friday before I actually go in).

My goal for this pregnancy was to not focus on the due date. I almost did too well at this. I just barely made a blanket for the little boy last week, and I finished a "car seat tent" for him on Sunday, and then made a few things for Becca (an apron and a new blanket) so she wouldn't feel left out. I'd been meaning to make the apron for the last month or so, since she often puts on a bib when I put on my apron and I thought she would enjoy having a real apron. I like how it turned out. I made it reversible, with pink fabric with polka dots on one side, and white with large elephants on the other. I took pictures so I could post them, but I don't have them handy, so I'll have to put them in a later post.

The blanket for Becca was a result of her seeing the fabric I was using for the baby and asking if it was for her. She was so sad when I said no, and I realized that I had fabric for a little girl also. I purchased the flannel back in November when Joanns was having a sale. I suspected I was having a boy, but it hadn't been confirmed yet and I didn't want to wind up with the wrong color fabric for the car seat tent, so I bought fabric for both genders. The girl fabric was a polka dot fabric with monkeys on it (I apparently really like polka dots). Becca loves monkeys, so it was perfect. I finished it two nights ago and she has carried it with her everywhere since then, typically carrying it along with her baby blanket. Today, she even chose to take the monkey blanket with her to daycare rather than her baby blanket. I must admit, this caused mixed feelings for me. I will be glad if she attaches herself to the new blanket since the old is getting a bit threadbare, but I was slightly sad too. Maybe it was that she voluntarily left a piece of babyhood behind her today. I don't know. I'm pretty sure she'll be very excited to see the baby blanket when I pick her up today. It has been her comfort object since she started daycare and it made the transition a lot easier. The new blanket is super soft and warm, though, which is perfect for a rainy day like today.

Finishing up these few projects has helped me feel prepared. I still have oodles I could do, and of course, my house could always be cleaner, but if this little boy decided to come tonight, I'd be ecstatic and wouldn't think about the other projects. Kyle has been ready for a while. He's been waiting for a phone call that tells him to leave work because it's time to have a baby. I don't think he'll get that call, and he's resigned to Friday as well, but it's cute that he is so excited too. Hopefully the labor and delivery will go smoothly and I'll be able to introduce my baby to the world in a few days.

4 comments:

Becky Green said...

Yay, baby!! I'm so excited to meet him. :) Good luck with everything. I'm always so impressed by you... still sewing and getting things done even with that big belly and a 2 year old running around. You're my hero, Jill. I hope everything goes well. :) Love you guys!

Shannon said...

How very exciting! I'm impressed with how calm and collected you are. I was so miserable past my due date, but you are all still being productive and choosing happiness. Good job! I can't wait to see pics of the new baby. :) Hope everything goes smoothly whenever he decides to show his little face.

Blake and Paige said...

so excited for you! Let us know how the delivery goes, and we fully excpet lots and lots of Baby P. pictures!!
Love you guys!

Monk Family said...

Good luck to you both, I hope you know how much I love you!

Becca

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Paul

Lilypie First Birthday tickers