One evening, I was (again) making dinner and Paul was getting a little fussy. I put him in his bouncer and put his bouncer on the kitchen counter and his face lit up with grins. Apparently, he much preferred the view from up higher. It was so fun to be able to look him in the eye while I prepped the meal. And I got the double dimples!
Miss Rebecca Aliene turned three at the end of August! Sometimes I can't believe she is already three, and other times I can't believe she is only three. She amazes me with some of the things she says and does. She is such a special girl.
We started off the day with the traditional Green Family birthday breakfast of waffles, strawberries, and whipped cream. Aunt Becky was able to come over for breakfast since she had another engagement for dinner.
| I don't know why but I find her facial expression hilarious here. She can be quite animated when she wants to be. :) |
Kyle's parents came down again for the occasion. We had dinner and cupcakes for dessert. Normally I like to decorate the cake, but the frosting turned out funky and I decided not to stress it. I plopped it on the cake and enjoyed the flavor, even if it wasn't beautiful. Becca blew out the candle and then tried to lick the frosting off, but she didn't realize the exact shape of the candle. I'm sure she was only trying to bite the frosting and cake, but she ended up biting off a chunk of wax. It was hilarious.
Kyle and I gave her presents from us at the end of the day, since she'd gotten gift from others earlier. We gave her scissors and water colors, as well as alphabet and number flashcards. She LOVES the scissors. She entertains herself while I make dinner by sitting at the table and cutting any scrap of paper I give to her. She gets to do practice cutting at daycare, so she knows just what to do. She really like to paint with her watercolors, let the paint dry, then cut up the picture. That one confused me a bit, but she really wanted to do it, so I let her.
Becca is so big to me. She can sing the alphabet, "Twinkle, Twinkle", "I am a Child of God," and is getting pretty good at "I Love to See the Temple." Oh, and occasionally she'll throw in a round of "It's raining, it's pouring." She can count pretty well, and she knows her colors. She is super good at getting supplies for me, like burp cloths, blankets, diapers, wipes, diaper cream, etc. Since starting daycare, she doesn't care as much for movies or tv, but is content to play in her room with her animals and dolls, "read" books, or play in the kitchen with me. She insists on dropping Paul off every morning at daycare before she goes to her own class. She occasionally has an attitude, and she definitely fights going to bed, but she is a pretty obedient little girl. Her teachers say she talks a lot at class and they tell me stories of what she says or how she interacts with other kids. She is a bit bossy, but the teachers assure me it's not in a mean way. I can see that. I was a bossy kid too, so I can't fault her. She loves to run errands with Kyle and says that Home Depot is our favorite store. She looks for candy by the checkout of every grocery store we go to, and she loves to help me do anything. She is such a delightful child. She is my Becca.


No comments:
Post a Comment