Thursday, September 15, 2011

Kyle's Birthday and July Pics

 Kyle turned 32!  We celebrated by having his parents and one of his brothers come down.  Doesn't he look great?!  He started pumping concrete in May and he's been able to work on his goal of losing a little weight.  I made two berry cream pies (amazing by the way! One of our new favorites) instead of cake.  We put strawberries on one, and raspberries, strawberries, and blackberries on the other.  Both were delicious.
 I didn't really have any activities planned, but Kyle's mom and I had seen these Australian sodas at Fresh Market and we thought it would be fun to try them.  I had picked up plastic shot glasses at the dollar store, and it worked perfectly for taste tests.  I filled the cups, and then had everyone sample the soda, list which they thought it was, and then choose their favorite.  It ended up being a fun little game.  Becca loved being able to try all the different sodas.

Picture of our guests

Kyle insisted on taking my picture to prove I was at the birthday too.

 One day, before leaving for daycare, I decided to try to take a few pictures.  I had a hard time getting one of Becca without a funny face because she was eating something at the time.  Becca loves to help with Paul.  It is so wonderful.  She is also really good at keeping herself entertained to and from daycare.  Some days we sing songs, and other days she carries on a monologue of sorts.  Paul does pretty well in the car once we're moving.  Sometimes he fusses when I strap him into his carseat, but he often dozes on the way, so it's a pretty easy drive.

Can I just say that I LOVE Paul's double dimples?!  He has a smile where he only shows one dimple, but if he smiles really big, then we get to see two.  Kyle doesn't see the draw, but it just fills me up with love anytime this little boy smiles at me.

No comments:

Becca

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Paul

Lilypie First Birthday tickers