| Becca decided to paint her arm. |
| Kyle helped Becca on the swings for a bit. |
Kyle loves to go fishing at this pond. We didn't have his gear with us, but I did bring the camera. He's such a good daddy and our kids are so cute (though I know I'm biased).
If we hold Paul up high and then bring him down quickly (not tossing, but that kind of movement) he smiles really big. Kyle had just done that with Paul for this picture. Paul's hair looks lighter, and it definitely has some red highlights. Depending on the lighting, sometimes he looks like a complete red head. He has a cowlick at the front that looks like a curl. I find it super cute, but everyone tells me it will be the bane of his existence in a few years. I bet he'll still be pretty handsome though.
I know, I have oodles of pictures like this, but I can't get enough of those blue eyes and his cue dimples. He looked so happy as we walked back to the playground.
On the playground, Becca was challenging her courage by playing on this bridge/slide. She is a slightly timid girl when it comes to playground equipment, but she seemed to really like this, as long as no one else went on the bridge at the same time as her.
As I was taking pictures of Becca, I looked up and saw Kyle cradling Paul. I snapped a few pictures without him noticing. I've seriously considered blowing this up and framing it on our wall. The scenery is beautiful and then there's a wonderful dad cradling his baby on a bench. I don't know, I just love it.
Kyle had caught on that I was taking pictures. Paul had just been smiling as Kyle played with his foot. They will be such great buddies in the years to come.
As for me, I'm still loving life. I feel so blessed everyday as I am able to work and still feel involved in my kids' lives. It is so wonderful to be able to feed Paul on my lunch break. Not only have I gotten to bond with Paul, but I've also gotten to know the teachers at the daycare pretty well. It has helped me feel comfortable with my decision. I'm slowly losing the baby weight, and it's so nice to be wearing normal clothes again. I still have a lot of unfinished tasks, but life is getting more predictable. Paul normally sleeps a 6-8 hour span, then wakes up in the early morning, but goes right back to sleep once he's fed. He slept several 10 hour nights, but then his naps weren't as good at daycare, so between the two, I'd rather get up with him at night and have him sleep well during the day. I am blessed with my job as well. My manager has been very supportive and my co-workers are super nice. All in all, life is good.


No comments:
Post a Comment